Sunday 16 March 2014

Second Thoughts & Rethinking Things.

I know at the start of the month I created a post suggesting a possible monthly post structure for my blog. I thought having five posts every month, and four out of those five posts having the same theme each month, would really benefit my blog and maybe attract a few more people, as my blog would have a regular, flowing structure to it -unlike now where it's all over the place in terms of content, and a bit hit or miss in terms of how frequently I post things. 

However I'm now having second thoughts. And those second thoughts aren't about my proposed structure -in fact I quite like it. My second thoughts are about my blog in general. I know people look at my posts -that I can tell from my page views, obviously- but there has never been any input or feedback from anyone. It didn't really get to me at first as I was obviously just starting up and those sort of things don't exactly happen over night. But I've been writing this blog now for almost six months, and the lack of interaction is getting a little disheartening -not to mention the embarrassing fact that my follower count is still at zero. It's starting to feel like I'm just talking to myself. Which is why I'm now considering stopping my blog instead of putting more into it. I just feel that at this rate any more effort I put into this blog will be wasted.

So from this point on it is very likely that my posts will become much less frequent than they are now -bet you didn't think that was possible, eh? I can only really picture myself coming on here in future to document memories I want to make permanent, sort of like treating this mass of html and pixels as a collective journal of all my holidays, road trips, parties and little successes in life etc. I may also log on to recommend a new band I've discovered/rediscovered to anyone who happens to stumble across this little blog I've got.

To anyone who did regularly check my blog: thank you; sorry for not being the blogger I originally thought I was cut out to be; and if you bother to look at my blog in the future -which I doubt you will- then I look forward to sharing some of my life's highlights with you. 
-Hannah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment