Thursday 19 June 2014

Adam Richman Appreciation Post.

Hello again, Blogger. I've decided to resurface today in order to show my appreciation for the American TV personality Adam Richman. 

If you have ever taken the time to watch Man vs. Food -or watched this year's Soccer Aid match- you'll know the man I'm talking about. Although if you've not seen both, you many not believe I'm talking about the same person at first. That is because he has gone through what I have dubbed a 'Josh Peck transformation' -any Drake and Josh fans reading this will get what I mean.

The man, the myth, the legend.
(Not my image)
Now, I'm not writing this post to talk about his weight loss. Yes, it's a good thing that he's happy and living a healthy lifestyle, but that's not the sole reason I appreciate and admire him. In fact it's only a tiny factor in my opinion, as I was a huge fan of his long before he decided to shed some weight.

I'm writing this post because I think he's an unbelievable person. He just comes across as so lovely and genuine. He's always appeared so friendly and happy-go-lucky. And yes, I know that many people put on an act that portrays them in such a light when they're being filmed; but I genuinely believe Adam Richman is very much that way in person and off camera.

(Again, not my image)
What prompted me to write this post are the Instagram events of yesterday. Many people leave comments on Adam Richman's Instagram photos referring to him as their 'thinspiration'. Adam thinking this was just a clever shorthand used by people to express that he is their motivation to shed some extra pounds and live a healthier life, and not knowing the negative connotations the term actually holds, hashtagged one of his picture with the term. People went crazy and fiercely attacked him in the comments for hashtagging the term. Once he learnt of the true nature of the term posted a video on Instagram where he very sincerely apologised for his slip up.

It is this video and how obviously he truly meant his apology that lead me to write this. I know this post is not eloquent or brilliantly written; but it's a quick overview as to why I think Adam Richman is such a great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment