Wednesday 1 January 2014

December Favourites.

>Hot Chocolate - In my opinion hot chocolate is a great drink all year round, but it is absolutely perfect during the winter months. This year I've been rather adventurous with my hot chocolate. It goes without saying that my Twinings hot chocolate powder is still my staple, but I've also developed a fondness for hazelnut hot chocolate and orange hot chocolate -both supplied to me by the wonderful Starbucks.

>My Boyfriend - I could honestly write an essay on this man. I love him so much; it's practically impossible to surmise just how much in words. Not only is he one of my December favourites, he is one of my all-year-round favourites too and I'm incredibly thankful and grateful for having him in my life.

>My Leather Jacket -  This is one of the gifts Brandon gave me for Christmas and I absolutely adore it! I've wanted a leather jacket for so, so long and now I finally own one! I'll definitely be proudly walking around in it like a badass whenever possible until the weather gets too hot for it!

Just a few of my favourite things: my leather jacket, my newly dyed brown hair, my awesome Vans iPhone case, my super cosy snood, one of my two red lipsticks and my gel eyeliner done almost perfectly.
>Brown Hair - I dyed my hair on Christmas Eve. It was meant to be a dark brown -Bitter Sweet Chocolate to be precise. I wasn't sure I was going to like it as I didn't actually want to dye my hair brown -I just wanted to try and get the red out somehow, and purple wasn't working- but I actually really, really like it! One good thing about it is that I think it makes my red lipsticks look better on me. Before they never looked quite right in my opinion because of the coppery colour of my hair contrasting against them. So it was well worth taking the plunge and going brown again.

>Candles - I'm not sure how much I've advertised my love of scented candles in my previous posts, but I absolutely adore them. I usually go for different vanilla scents, my favourite being the 'Vanilla Cupcake' scented Yankee Candle. It smells delicious; if it were possible to eat it I would! My boyfriend's mum brought me a honeysuckle scented candle for Christmas that smells amazing! There's also a scented candle in my living room that we usually light on winter nights and that's a pomegranate scent, which smells lovely!




>My Friends - This month sees my friends on my favourites list because this month I've actually seen and spoken to a lot more of them than usual. I don't usually go out much in the holidays but that all changed this Christmas break. I've still not gone out loads, just because I find going out day after day really wears me out. I'm very introverted so I like to regularly have my fair share of 'me time'. I've been to a number of pubs with a variation of chums, I had a lovely meal and catch up session in Nando's -Dappy made an appearance- and I spent a day snooping around the stalls in Camden.

>Wrapping Presents - wrapping presents is without a doubt my favourite thing about Christmas. I'm not sure why that is, all I know is that I will happily wrap anything for anyone!

>Fishtail Braids - Now that I've got the hang of them I am loving fishtail braids. Whenever my hair looks a complete mess this is my new go-to hair style. It may take longer than a ponytail, but it looks prettier which makes up for the added time taken, in my opinion at least.



So those are my December favourite. What have been some of yours?
-Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment