Wednesday 1 January 2014

NYE

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE LOVELY PEOPLE READING THIS! I HOPE 2014 IS A GREAT YEAR FOR YOU ALL!

Greetings and good wishes aside, I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Eve however you chose to celebrate it.

Personally, I was a little apprehensive about my plans. Originally I was meant to go to a friend's house for pre-drinks and a big group of us were going to go down to a pub/restaurant for a buffet and for the countdown. That changed two or three days before to going to a different pub for the whole evening/night. Now I don't really have a problem with pubs, but this one in particular isn't great. There isn't ever much of an atmosphere and the crowd is usually small and not very diverse; to add to the list by midnight they'd run out of at least three types of beer.


My dress.


My night wasn't too bad though. I felt quite overdressed as I went in what I had planned to wear for our original NYE's plans. I decided to go with my original outfit, even though I felt it was a bit too dressy for this particular pub, partly because I love the dress, partly because I think it looks good on me and wanted to feel good about myself, and also partly because I hadn't actually worn it since I brought it back in the summer apart from when I tried it on. 

The company was good. I was sat at a table with the younger of the two Lark generations present. We were in a blocked off little part of the pub which was nice in terms of privacy, but it was a right pain trying to all fit around the table and getting out to go to the bar was nearly impossible. I learnt a new game over the course of the evening, which I would explain if it wasn't so hard to. I think it's called 'Cowboy', there's definitely the work cowboy in the name of it anyway.


Dodgy pub lighting.
Then of course there was the countdown, or lack of one. It got to 11:59pm and there were choruses of, "One minute!" Yet the next thing we all knew it was bang on midnight. Everyone started making their way around the group of tables we had claimed over the course of the night. I was trapped in the corner and couldn't get out very easily so I had to awkwardly lean over the table in order to hug people and wish them a happy new year. After many hugs, good wishes, and kisses on the cheek everyone returned to their previous state of chatting and drinking until people slowly started to head off home.

My first picture of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment