Thursday 13 February 2014

The Fault in Our Stars.

After watching the trailer for what must be the 20,000th time since it was released I decided that writing a quick post about how excited I am for the film would be a really good idea, although it doesn't appear to be quite as prolific on here -from what I have seen anyway- as it is on Tubmlr.

Now I know I've never expressed my love for this book or its author John Green so it may seem like I'm sort of jumping on the bandwagon to any die hard nerd fighters out there who happen to stumble upon my post, but I'm not. I've loved John's work ever since I first read Looking For Alaska -which FYI is still my favourite book after the God knows how many books I've read since. 

What I love about John Green's written work is that there is always a perfect mix of deep, thought provoking moments and fictional moments of comedy gold. I also love that you can see his progression as an author with each book you read. The more books he writes the more amazing and beautifully written they get.

But getting back to the more specific topic of The Fault in Our Stars, I honestly cannot wait until the film is released in UK cinemas! The book is his best piece of work to date; it's a beautifully, gut-wrenching emotional rollercoaster of a novel. If you haven't read it already 1) have you only recently moved out of the space under the rock you were residing under?! and 2) go and read it immediately! 

I do however have one concern about the film and that is the typical almost-fact that when a book is turned into a film it's never as good as the book.




DFTBA!
-Hannah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment