Thursday 5 September 2013

"Wherever you go in this world a little piece of me will always be with you."

I always thought that was a really sweet and supportive thing to say to a person. However, last night -in a moment of pessimism- I gave it a bit of thought and realised that it's not quite as sweet as we all think.

The majority of us take it to mean, that the person who said it will always be with us in spirit every step of the way and that if you're happy with what you're doing and experiencing they'll be happy too. When in actual fact the person who said it probably means -maybe without realising they mean it like this- that while the person they said it to is away and out of contact with them, it'll feel like a piece of them is missing.

That's certainly how I view it now anyway, because a piece of me is definitely missing right now and it will be for the next two weeks.

[I know this isn't exactly my most eloquent post to date, but I just wanted to quickly get my thoughts down.]

No comments:

Post a Comment