Tuesday 3 September 2013

YouTube.

For the past couple of months I have been giving some serious consideration to the idea of 'vlogging.' I watch a lot of YouTubers and often find myself thinking, "Maybe I could do something like this..."

I would really love to make YouTube videos, but I have a number of concerns about it. For instance, there are the YTers/vloggers I watch and then there are the YTers/vloggers who get like 15 views and have five subscribers. Obviously I would want to be one of the 'popular' channels, not for the views and likes, but for the knowledge that I wasn't wasting my free time making videos and knowing that people actually enjoyed watching my ramblings. But I'm not sure how I'd get there; I don't even remotely have a clue what the fine line between successful 'vlogging' and unsuccessful 'vlogging' is.

Then there's the issue of editing, camera quality and filming equipment. I'd be making videos on one of my two Panosonic cameras, with no microphone, no lighting equipment and maybe not even a tripod, and editing them on Windows Movie Maker. Obviously if my YT channel took off I would consider investing in some of the things I am without -especially editing software. 

I'm really not sure what to do. Part of me is like, "Yeah, why not?! It'll be fun;" and then another part of me is like, "But look at all the cons and uncertainties, Hannah. Is it really worth it?" Gah, I really wish I wasn't so indecisive!

Maybe I'll wait a bit and see how this blogging idea of mine on here goes. Then if it goes reasonably well I might take the plunge and make a couple of YT videos, as it's kind of similar, just ones typing and the other is talking/filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment